January 2, 2012

Santa Came to Town

By the way, people actually call the "village" here "town". So I guess the village square must be like downtown or something, ha!


Yesterday morning, we had one elderly woman after another, knock knock knocking on the door as of 5a.m. What could be the problem I wondered? No, no problem! They just wanted to come in person and say thank you to Godwin. I quote: "You made this New Year's special in ways even our own children couldn't!"


Why you ask? Because we had gone knock knock knocking on their doors...

ONE DAY EARLIER:

Meet the village Santa and his Head Elf
Jacob & Godwin frowning at my proximity
The packing/assembly line
Carts fully loaded!
Gifty bearing gifts (that's her real name!)
Sneaking out after secretly leaving chicken & rice by the fire
Sneaking up on an unsuspecting victim
No, it's for real, you haven't been punk'd sir
A priceless smile (for the price of oh, what, $5?)


Irreplaceable polka-hole sheets?
Avedis? Remembered you here. You see "The Face"?
Young at heart, huh? She's got the Ghida Younes look dowwwwwwwn!


This woman lost 10 years off her age...
... when she smiled :)

O chicken, how I love thee. I shall ne'er take thee for granted.

2 comments:

  1. :):):):):):):) what charming pictures! the old man made me smile! the people seem amazing. i'm so proud to be related to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :):):):):):) wlik YOU made me smile lil'sis

      Delete