September 12, 2011

feelgooding in Africa


This has been at the top of my bucket list for so long. Why you ask? Since many of you might not know me, let me get personal...

1) I figured the best way to be feelgooding is to make others feel good. You see, I'm one of those people you DON'T want to take to the movies. I genuinely cry like a baby if I see a random stranger shed a tear! But I get a great sense of satisfaction to know that I could do something to help. So I know in many ways, it's quite selfish to be generous, but I'm sure it's for the greater good of all to help where there's a need. And it goes without saying that there's a great need in Africa. In the words of the most famous Ghanaian Kofi Annan, "suffering anywhere concerns people everywhere".

2) I love kids. I turn into one as soon as you put me in the same room! (hm, I wonder what that says about me) But honestly? I feel younger now at 25 than I did at 15. Ok, so maybe that's pushing it a little too far, but really, I would genuinely love to work with children.

3) Coming from a family of educators, I guess it makes sense, I am a firm believer in education. For me, it's not about the system or conversion of youth or anything like that. It's about touching lives and inspiring kids to know more, to be more, to do more.

Yes, this and everything else is your fault mom and dad, ha!
But of course, I also know that going to Africa would have its perks! The dance beats and rhythms are surely contagious (though some diseases are as well, yikes) and er, even if I happen to be less than stellar at photography, I'm sure it'll be fun documenting the places I see, the people I meet, and the things I experience. Stay tuned for whatever I have the guts to share with the entire world wide web :\

No comments:

Post a Comment